Holiday in Tulum starter pack
One of the best things of vacationing in Tulum is that you don’t need much to enjoy this place. If you are visiting Tulum for the first time, you will enjoy plenty of quiet time by the ocean, enough days to take long walks down Tulum beach, excellent restaurants and bars, a variety of Spas and revitalizing experiences for the body and soul.
Here is a starter pack for your holiday in Tulum:
- Books: Bring a bunch of fascinating books or your Kindle, you will have enough time and quiet to surf through your favorite books without interruptions, enjoying your stay in paradise reading while the waves accompany you with their gentle sound.
- Bring bug repellent. Although you can find it in any drug store or hotel lobby in Tulum, it’s best to bring the brand that works for you, remember to choose one that is eco-friendly. Mosquito time starts at sundown and lasts about 1 hour.
- Sun block. Not only tanning lotion but sun block. Most likely you will come from a place where the weather is not tropical, intense and hot. Take it calmly – if you want your tan to last, apply sun block every day, many times a day. Tulum is blessed with a breeze and you may not feel your skin burn, but the sun is strong so protect your skin.
- Comfortable clothes and sandals. You will most likely spend all day in your bathing suit and walk barefoot on the sand. A light sweater or shawl is suggested for windy nights.
- Yoga outfit. Whether you’re a yoga enthusiast or have never tried it once in your life, you must take at least a yoga class in Tulum. You will learn to listen to your breathing in a natural and silent environment, relax and take time for your wellbeing. Next thing you know, you will be booking a yoga retreat for your next visit to Tulum.
There is one thing your must not bring, but leave behind: your stress and worries. Start your journey, enjoy nature, breathe the humidity of the jungle, listen to the sound of the ocean, learn about the Mayan culture, appreciate the lack of Wifi in some areas or poor Internet signal in Tulum. Most hotels do not offer TVs in rooms – after the first shock, you will appreciate it. This is the time to get disconnected, recharge your batteries and reset your mind.
From sunset onwards, you can enjoy drinks in one of Tulum’s beach bars while listening to live music in a perfect setting.
Welcome to Tulum.