9 reasons why you should visit Tulum
If you are still not convinced that Tulum is one of the most beautiful destinations in the world by looking at pictures and reading amazing reviews, here are 9 reasons why you should visit Tulum:
- Beaches: Tulum’s beaches are by far among the best in the world; you can enjoy a morning walk on Tulum’s endless white sandy beaches by the indescribable turquoise colors of the Caribbean ocean, contrasting with the jungle’s intense greens. Maximum height of buildings is limited to two floors, so you will always be seeing the jungle on one side.
- Distance: There are direct flights from almost all International airports of cities in the U.S. and Canada that arrive at Cancun’s international airport, just a one and a half hour drive heading south towards the peaceful and beautiful Tulum. Just imagine, with a 3 hour flight you can get from cold New York City to a blissful Caribbean paradise!
- Natural beauty: Tulum is home of the stunning “Sian Ka’an Biosphere Reserve” which measures 528,000 hectares and contains white sandy beaches, coral reefs, rainforest, dunes, mangrove stands, wetlands, natural wells and lagoons and amazing endemic fauna from sea turtles to jaguars.
- Gastronomy: Tulum offers a fantastic array of food options that suit every taste and budget. From fusion cuisine by the beach to traditional Mexican cantinas in the downtown area and everything in between; vegan and vegetarian restaurants, juice bars, Italian home made pasta and pizzas and local Maya recipes merging with fearless chef’s creations. Famous mixologists often visit the area to present their new cocktail inventions.
- Archaeology: The closest and most amazing archaeological sites are: “Tulum” the only ancient pyramid built on a cliff and overlooking the ocean. “Cobá”, about 30 minutes into the jungle it has Maya ball courts and the tallest pyramid of the peninsula, and “Muyil” with smaller archaeological sites and natural lazy rivers. Chichen Itza, declared one of the New Seven Wonders of the World is only a 2.5 hours drive away and a perfect day-trip destination.
- Weather: Tulum has warm weather all year round, it’s highest temperatures will rise up to the 80s drop to 60 degrees during the winter, so it will always feel like a beach vacation.
- Hospitality: Mexico is known for its hospitality and Tulum is not an exception. Excellent service at hotels and restaurants as well as any tour you may book. “Mi casa es tu casa” is a saying that also applies to this amazing corner of the Mexican Caribbean where Maya people still prevail in the region and proudly protect and share their culture with the world.
- Location: Tulum has the perfect location if you are planning on visiting other nearby cities during your stay. It is located 45 minutes south of Playa del Carmen, 1.5 hours from Cancun, 2 hours from the island of Cozumel (by car and ferry) and 2 hours from the beautiful Bacalar lagoon.
- Wellness: Tulum is the heart of the “wellness” destinations. Among the boutique eco-chic hotels you will be able to find yoga palapas, meditation sessions, plenty of Spas with exotic body treatments and therapies and Temazcal (Mayan sweat lodges). Many restaurants have vegan and vegetarian options on their menus. All set so you can enjoy a healthy and amazing vacation.
Book your Tulum vacation and discover all the amazing things this region has to offer!