Mexico: a safe haven for your vacation
Safety and organization are two keywords for any trip, and in this case, Mexico cannot be treated differently.
There are some key rules one must never forget when travelling to a foreign destination. Most importantly, it is essential to remember that habits, traditions, behaviours and laws can be very different from ours and that, in order to stay safe, common sense and some information make the difference!
What we would like to share with you today is a few tips so you can enjoy your trip to Mexico with no worries and get to know one of the most beautiful and fascinating countries in the world.
Here are our five rules to visit Mexico in safety and ease.
- Gather information before you travel: When planning your trip to Mexico, we recommend you read travel forums and posts from tourist who have already been to the area. This way you can learn practical things on when to visit, what to bring, what to wear and any particular climatic conditions that may not be what you expect.
- Follow the rules: Once you have arrived in Mexico, it is essential that you follow the instructions, if any are in place, given by local authorities about any dangerous areas, public transportation, mobility, strikes, roadblocks, delays and traffic congestion. This will make it easier for you to move safely.
- Natural Wonders: When you start planning your vacation, be aware of so-called “natural hazards” of your chosen destination. Clearly, Mexico is a vast country that has many different types of climate and natural environments, from volcanoes to cenotes, whales on the Pacific coast and a beautiful Barrier Reef in the Riviera Maya, mountains in the Sierra and deserts in the north. So, once you have chosen your destination and have arrived in Mexico, it is important you pay attention to local tourist information and, in case of natural events, follow the instructions and warnings of local authorities.
- Avoid displays of wealth: Although some areas of Mexico may be more dangerous than others, a cautious behaviour will certainly allow you to live your vacation in the utmost tranquility and risk free. Common sense when travelling anywhere in the world is enough to prevent unnecessary hassle. When you arrive at your destination, go local! Get to know the people, talk to them, ask tips for travelling, where to eat, what to visit. Not only will they help you get around, but you will also learn about local culture through their eyes. As anywhere, we suggest you not wear overly flashy jewels during your travels; keep your cameras and valuables close to you and if you spend time on the beach, leave them in your hotel room safe. This is, in general, a rule that is well-respected during any trip.
- The value of local guides: the best way to ensure peace and at the same time get to know Mexico is to explore it with the help of qualified local guides. They will teach you a lot more about culture, art, architecture and nature than you could learn with a simple printed guide. At the same time, their presence will provide you with details that you will probably not find on a tourist booklet as well as maximum safety during travel. Last but not least, qualified guides can lead you to magical and characteristic places that you might very well may miss!
We think these few tips are enough to make your vacation in Mexico truly unforgettable, an experience of relaxation and fun. Can you think of more? Share them with us!