Live music in Tulum: magic under the stars
Are you looking for live music in Tulum, Mexico? Did you know that Ziggy’s Beach Bar offers spectacular events in a magnificent location permeated by charm and magic and amazing concerts?
Ziggy’s is the restaurant and beach bar in Tulum open every day from 9am to sunset. Not only it offers you the chance to experience delicious Mexican dishes and cocktails in maximum comfort thanks to its excellent service, but also to enjoy the breathtaking natural environment made of deep blue waters and luscious palm trees from a privileged location. What is better than that to enjoy some live music in Tulum?
At Ziggy’s, live music and high-quality daily events are a must.
Let’s take a look at the many events involving live music in Tulum and see what Ziggy’s has to offer:
- On Sundays: Son Jarocho is a regional folk music style of Mexican Son from Veracruz, a Mexican state along the Gulf of Mexico. It evolved over the last two and a half centuries along the coastal portions of southern Tamaulipas state and Veracruz state, hence the term “Jarocho”, a colloquial term for people or things from the port city of Veracruz. It represents a fusion of indigenous (primarily Huastecan), Spanish, and African musical elements, reflecting the population which evolved in the region from Spanish colonial times. Lyrics include humorous verses and subjects such as love, nature, sailors, and cattle breeding that still reflect life in colonial and 19th century Mexico.
- On Mondays: Kuantikoz is a project born in Tulum with the vision of making original music to fly and relax, involving percussions and acoustic sounds. With a Mediterranean gypsy style.
- On Tuesdays: Mariachi night! Mariachi is a musical expression that dates back to the at least 18th century in Western Mexico. It is a tradition that can be defined by various socio-musical elements. Mariachi instrumentation and texture, musical genres and subgenres, performance methods and styles, singing styles and forms, dance styles, performative space, performance clothing, and the word “mariachi”.
- On Wednesdays: Cocoson is a unique small band that sounds like a big salsa orchestra. With the voice unique of Eleazar Ocaña. Salsa is the product of various musical genres including the Cuban son montuno, guaracha, cha cha chá, mambo, and to a particular extent bolero, and the Puerto Rican bomba and plena. Salsa also occasionally incorporates elements of rock, R&B, and funk. All of these non-Cuban elements are grafted onto the basic Cuban son montuno template when performed within the context of salsa.
- On Thursdays: Metzkal Birage is the result of the mix of influences of each member leads to a genre that the band has called Electro-Fusion due to the combination of electronic bases and sounds funk, pop, synth rock, among others.
- On Fridays: Al Son de México allows the customer to experience the best of traditional music. The music of Mexico is very diverse and features a wide range of musical genres and performance styles. It has been influenced by a variety of cultures, most notably the culture of the indigenous peoples of Mexico and Europe. Al son de Mexico offers us an unforgettable experience combined with its lyrics and sounds.
- On Saturdays: Motozon offers Caribbean Latin Rhythms, with music originating from Latin America, namely the Romance-speaking countries and territories of the Americas and the Caribbean south of the United States. Latin American music also incorporates African music from slaves who were transported to the Americas by European settlers as well as music from the indigenous peoples of the Americas. This band connects us with our Latin and romantic roots.
As you can see, not only Ziggy’s is always open, but also boasts the most varied and detailed offer in terms of live music in Tulum! Be there, relax, enjoy!